Probios Matrix: get the most out of protein
Protein consumption before or after physical activity increases muscle hypertrophy, promotes recovery after exercise and supports the immune system, especially in case of intense training. A high digestibility of proteins promotes rapid muscle protein synthesis and supports recovery, but protein sources differ in their amino acid profile, bioavailability and absorption. In order to get the best out of each protein source, in 4+ NUTRITION we have developed Proβios MATRIX!
Probios Matrix: the formula that makes us unique
Proβios MATRIX is an innovative blend added to our protein powders, which helps the body to digest proteins and to face better intense workouts, thanks to the association of nucleotides and two probiotic strains: Bacillus subtilis natto and Bacillus coagulans.
Nucleotides are the sub-units that make up nucleic acids - DNA and RNA. Besides being precursors of nucleic acids, nucleotides act as energy transporters in the body cells and can be part of the structure of some enzymatic and metabolic cofactors. Several studies in sports have confirmed the ability of nucleotides to increase levels of salivary immunoglobulins (IgA) in athletes, to mitigate inflammatory processes induced by intense physical activity, to support recovery after performance and to increase resistance during the prolonged exercise.
Probiotics, on the other hand, are bacterial strains able to exert beneficial actions on the intestinal flora and, consequently, on the whole organism. Proβios matrix contains Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus coagulans, two strains sporigene probiotics, characterized by a high resistance even in harsh environmental conditions: thanks to this, B. coagulans and B. subtilis can reach intact the intestine, where they favor the balance of the intestinal ecosystem, increase the digestion and protein absorption and support the immune system.
ProbioticsBACILLUS COAGULANS AND BACILLUS SUBTILIS NATTO
Increased digestion and protein absorption
Intestinal balance and well-being
Spore-forming strains, stable even in hostile environmental conditions
Nucleotides5' - Monophosphates
Support of cellular energy metabolism
Oxidative stress inhibition
Attenuation of inflammatory processes
Mixing proteins together with Proβios Matrix allows to favour energy production and resistance. This blend also promotes recovery and minimizes muscle damage induced by intense exercise.
PROBIOS MATRIX: OUR COMPLETE RANGE OF PROTEIN
• Wang J, Ji H. Influence of Probiotics on Dietary Protein Digestion and Utilization in the Gastrointestinal Tract. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2019;20(2):125-131. doi: 10.2174/1389203719666180517100339. PMID: 29769003.
• Keller D, Van Dinter R, Cash H, Farmer S, Venema K. Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086 increases plant protein digestion in a dynamic, computer-controlled in vitro model of the small intestine (TIM-1). Benef Microbes. 2017 May 30;8(3):491-496. doi: 10.3920/BM2016.0196. Epub 2017 May 15. PMID: 28504581.
• Stecker, R.A., Moon, J.M., Russo, T.J. et al. Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086 improves amino acid absorption from milk protein. Nutr Metab (Lond) 17, 93 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12986-020-00515-2
• Jäger R, Purpura M, Farmer S, Cash HA, Keller D. Probiotic Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086 Improves Protein Absorption and Utilization. Probiotics Antimicrob Proteins. 2018;10(4):611-615. doi:10.1007/s12602-017-9354-y
• Mc Naughton L, Bentley D, Koeppel P. The effects of a nucleotide supplement on the immune and metabolic response to short term, high intensity exercise performance in trained male subjects. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2007 Mar;47(1):112-8. PMID: 17369807.
• Sterczala AJ, DuPont WH, Comstock BA, Flanagan SD, Szivak TK, Hooper DR, Kupchak BR, Lee EC, Volek JS, Maresh CM, Kraemer WJ. Physiological Effects of Nucleotide Supplementation on Resistance Exercise Stress in Men and Women. J Strength Cond Res. 2016 Feb;30(2):569-78. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0000000000001108. PMID: 26270693.
• Meihong Xu, Rui Liang, Yong Li & Junbo Wang (2017) Anti-fatigue effects of dietary nucleotides in mice, Food & Nutrition Research, 61:1, DOI: 10.1080/16546628.2017.1334485
• Ostojic SM, Idrizovic K, Stojanovic MD. Sublingual nucleotides prolong run time to exhaustion in young physically active men. Nutrients. 2013;5(11):4776-4785. Published 2013 Nov 21. doi:10.3390/nu5114776